Saturday, February 6, 2010

Men, you are looking like a fool with your pants on the ground, part one

I admit, I am old school and don't understand the phenomenon of boys and even some men having their pants sagging below their waistline. At the risk of sounding like someone's grandfather, during the time of my childhood, if anyone had their pants hanging that low, an adult would have approached and said "Pull your pants up!" You would of also been a victim of wedgies by your classmates.



As I reflect on how sagging pants would have been perceived during my childhood, I soon realize based on the pants I was wearing, I may not have the right to talk about someone's sagging pants. As a child in the 70's, I may of had brown corduroy pants with orange and yellow vertical stripes (thanks Mom) and even more amazing a shirt to match, but you better believe those pants were my size and I had a belt to keep those pants up. Trust me when I tell you my Mother would not stand to hear of a report from anyone that her son's pants were sagging and his fruit of the loom logo with those men wearing grape, apple and banana outfits were exposed. In the 1980's, I may of had some knockoff Guess or Sergio Valente jeans, a fake alligator shirt, penny loafer shoes (with the penny in them) and a fake "members only" jacket to complete my preppy look, but you better believe I had a belt to keep those pants up and my shirt was tucked in. In fact, if I didn't have a belt, someone would say "Where's your belt?"

To read the entire article click here.

1 comment:

bay native said...

lol i put dimes in mine jus to be different n of course i always had a phone call on me lol cost .20 cents to make a call back when you could actually find a pay phone

Click the link below to find out more about me! Or email me at nubian.sage@yahoo.com

Back in the days (1992?)

Back in the days (1992?)
Cal Poly Black Male Support Group